Dyeing of Wool, Silk and Cotton in Malachite Green
Aim is To dye wool, cotton and silk garments with malachite inexperienced
Dyes are colored substances which can adhere to the floor of materials and are used to present color to paper, nutrients and numerous textiles together with cotton, wool, silk, synthetic fibers and many others.
The dyed fabric seems like colored because a selected dye absorbs radiations of unique wavelengths from the seen vicinity of electromagnetic radiations which fall on its floor. The ultimate radiations are meditated. The shade found is because of this meditated mild.
Characteristics of a dye:
1. It has to have a suitable shade.
2. It has to be capable of being constant to the fabric
3. When fixed it should be rapid to detergents, soaps, water, dry-cleaning solvents, light and dilute acids.
500ml measuring glasses, tripod stand, wire bandage, glass bar, spatula, fleece fabric, cotton material and silk material. Sodium carbonate, tannic corrosive, tartaremetic and malachite green.
1. Preparation of sodium carbonate answer.
Take approximately zero.5g if solid sodium carbonate and dissolve it in 250 ml of water.
2. Preparation of tartaremtic answer.
Take about zero.2g of tartaremetic and dissolve it in 100ml of water by stirring with the assist of a tumbler rod.
3. Preparation of tannic acid solution.
Take a hundred ml of water in a beaker and add about 1.0g of tannic acid to it. Heat the answer. On heating, a clear answer of tannic acid is received.
4. Preparation of dye solution.
Take approximately 0.1g of malachite green dye and upload to it four hundred ml of water. On warming a clean solution of the dye results.
5. Dyeing of wool and silk.
Take approximately 200ml dye answer and dip in it the woolen/ silk cloth to be dyed. Boil the answer for about 2 minutes. After that remove the material and wash it with hot water three-four times, squeeze and keep it for drying.
6. Dyeing of cotton.
Cotton does not absorb malachite green readily, therefore it requires using a mordant. For dyeing, a cotton fabric dips it in sodium carbonate answer for about 10 minutes and then rinse with water. Then placed the material in warm tannic acid solution for about five mins. Now take out the material from tannic acid answer and keep it in tartaremetic solution for approximately five minutes. Remove the fabric and squeeze it with the spatula to take away most of the solution. Now location the cloth in boiling answer of the dye for about 2 minutes. Remove and wash the dyed fabric very well with water, squeeze and maintain it for drying.
7. Dyeing of cotton directly.
Take any other piece of cotton cloth and positioned it directly into a boiling solution of the dye. Keep it dipped for approximately 2 minutes. Remove the fabric, wash with water, squeeze and hold it for drying.
1. The color of the wool cloth dyed at once by way of dipping in a hot answer of malachite inexperienced dye is rapid.
2. The coloration of cotton cloth dyed directly (with out using mordant) with the aid of dipping in a warm solution of malachite green isn’t rapid to washing and is of low depth.
3. The color of cotton cloth dyed with the aid of the usage of mordant and then with the aid of dipping in a hot solution of malachite inexperienced is fast to washing and is of excessive depth.
4. The coloration of the silk cloth is fast and is of excessive intensity.
1. Wool and silk soak up the dye shade properly.
2. Use of mordant allows in giving rapid shade to the cotton cloth.